The Oro Denoro Mine is 10.2 kilometres northeast of Greenwood, at elevation 1066 metres on the divide between Eholt and Fisherman creeks. The property adjoins the Emma Mine to the north. Access to these properties is about 0.6 kilometre southwest from Highway 3 by level gravel road along an old railway bed.
The Oro Denoro claim was Crown-granted in 1896 to W.A. Corbett. The King Mining Company, Limited, of Rossland, incorporated September 1898, acquired the property and carried on underground. Denoro Mines, Limited, of Rossland, was incorporated in January 1903 to acquire the property. Underground development was resumed and ore shipments to the Greenwood smelter were begun from a quarrying operation. The British Columbia Copper Company, Limited, owner of the Greenwood smelter, purchased the Oro Denoro in 1906. The 700 foot long adit was enlarged and in 1908 a further 130 feet of sinking, 70 feet of crosscut, 85 feet of winze, and 1,432 feet of diamond drilling was reported. Oro shipments were continuous until 1911 and then intermittently until November 1918 when the company closed out all its operations.
Noranda Exploration Company, Limited, carried out diamond drilling on the property in about 1957. Consolidated Ventures Ltd., incorporated February 1959, acquired the Oro Denoro as part of a claim group held in the name of Guaranty Trust Company of Canada. The company name (Consolidated Ventures) was changed in July 1959 to West-Coast Resources Ltd. Tombac Exploration Ltd. in a joint venture agreement with Magnum Copper Limited and Centennial Mines Ltd., held an option on this and several other properties in the Greenwood area for a 8 week period during 1960.
West-Coast began an exploration program in 1965 which included surface and underground diamond drilling (over 5,500 feet in 1965 and 9,548 feet in 30 holes in 1966), a magnetometer survey, and bulk sampling in the upper levels. In 1967 the property consisted of 5 Crown-granted claims, including the adjoining Emma mine, and 16 recorded claims, all held by Guaranty Trust. Furukawa Mining Co., Ltd., of Japan, optioned the property in 1967 and put down 42 diamond drill holes on 50 foot centers within an area measuring 400 by 500 feet and adjoining the Oro Denoro workings on the south and west sides; the option was subsequently dropped.
The property, which was owned by W.E. MacArthur, Jr. in 1968, was optioned in 1974 to The Granby Consolidated Mining, Smelting and Power Company, Limited. The company name was changed in 1975 to Granby Mining Corporation.
New Frontier Petroleum Corporation, formed by the amalgamation of several companies in April 1981, acquired a September 1980 option agreement to purchase a 100% interest in the property. In 1982 New Frontier gave an option to earn a 49% interest to Fairmont Gas & Oil Corporation. In 1984, Kettle River Resources Ltd entered a joint venture agreement with New Frontier and Fairmont on several properties in Summit Camp (Bluebell project), including the Oro Denoro. In 1986, New Frontier and Fairmont were amalgamated under the name Houston Metals Corporation. In 1987, Skylark Resources Ltd. obtained from Kettle River and Houston Metals an option to earn a 51% interest in the Bluebell project (Oro Denoro, B.C. Mine, and Emma properties). Echo Bay Mines Ltd. drilled 5 holes totalling 250 metres in 1997.
Production from Oro Denoro, in the period 1903 to 1917, totalled 123,782 tonnes containing 116.5 kilograms of gold, 953.4 kilograms of silver, and 1690.6 tonnes of copper. This does not include several thousand tonnes of ore shipped to the Phoenix mill in 1978.