Squaw or Dollis Creek is a stream 8 miles long that heads in British Columbia and flows northwest to join the Tatshenshini River in the Yukon Territory, 3 miles north of the boundary line. The creek rises in the Squaw Range on the northwest side of Talbot Creek Pass, at an elevation of 5,025 feet. The Squaw Creek placer workings are most easily reached by a tractor road that leads west from mile 88, Haines Road, and crosses the upper Tatshenshini River at a point where the river is split up into several channels. Four miles west of the Haines Road, the tractor road swings northerly across Blizzard Creek and continues northwesterly to cross the Squaw Range at the head of Talbot Creek.
Coarse placer gold was discovered on Squaw Creek in 1927 by Paddy Duncan of Klukshu, and by the end of the following year the stream was staked almost along its entire length. A great number of the claims were located and worked by the Indians from Klukshu and Champagne.
The placer gold from this stream is generally coarse, and has provided many large nuggets. One nugget weighing 46.5 ounces was found in 1937 on the Discovery claim by E. Peterson and B. Turbitt. Official records show the total production of the British Columbia section of Squaw Creek at 3,500 ounces of gold, but that the actual production has been estimated at 5,000 ounces.